We are doing it again, bigger and better!
Mark your calendars for the 2nd annual “A Day In the Country BBQ and Hook In”. This year, in addition to a delicious BBQ lunch we will be raffling off many fabulous prizes. A large tented area will be set up to accommodate approximately 70 guests. Fortunately, we are located on a large country property with lots of grassy, shaded areas where many more can enjoy rug hooking in the Caledon countryside. The response to last year’s event was overwhelming which resulted in many people on a waiting list. We ask that you RSVP by April 1st and if you need to cancel please let us know as early as possible so that those on the waiting list have the opportunity to attend. It will also allow us to determine the amount of food we will need to prepare. As always, coffee, tea, bottled water and desserts will also be provided. We ask that you bring a mug so that we can keep disposable cups out of the landfills.The date has been set for Thursday July 26th 2018 (rain date Friday, July 27th). For your convenience, we will once again provide valet parking. Drive right up to the tent and we will assist you with unloading your gear and safely park your vehicle. This year we will be charging a 10.00 entrance fee which will include BBQ lunch, beverages, desserts and a free raffle ticket. You will be able to purchase additional raffle tickets to increase your chances of winning one or more of these wonderful prizes. Profits realized from ticket sales and entrance fee will be donated to the Hooked Rug Museum of North America.
Some of the prizes:
- John Boorman Sit on Frame (value 220.00) generously donated by John and Helen Boorman
- An original artwork by Toronto artist Sarah Skrlj donated by the artist
- Complete collection of the new Martina Lesar Wool Fabric line – 10 1 yard pieces (value 360.00)
- Complete collection of the Studio Line Silk Sari – 30 skeins approx. (value 360.00)
- Complete collection of the Studio Line Rainbow Silk – 15 skeins approx. (value 300.00)
- John Boorman Folding Cutter table – NEW!
- A Collection of Antique Rug Hooks
- “Kashmir” pillow kit including pattern, wool, feather insert, pillow backing fabric and whipping yarn (value approx. 250.00)
- “Finishing Basket” containing a selection of Briggs and Little Yarn, Famore bent scissors, clover bent needles, upholstery thread and assorted binding tape. (Valued at 130.00 approx.)
More items may be added to this list before the event.
We ask that you bring a lawn chair, your rug hooking and prepare to enjoy a great day of hooking and excellent food with friends in the country.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 905 838-3022
Photo courtesy of Time archives.